Recently I spent some time on web and studied about lots of WordPress Google XML sitemap plug-ins. There are lots of good plug-ins are available on WordPress official site plug-ins repository. I want to share my experiences about on of them which is better then other available plug-ins and the same is named as “WordPress Google XML Sitemaps”, means name and its uses is absolutely same.
This WordPress plug-in generate a special XML site map which is suitable for search engines as Google, Yahoo, Bing and others to index your site very efficiently. This works with all types of WordPress pages and even with custom URLs of your site. This plug-in also notifies the search engines as soon as you create new page or post.
If you want to try this good plug-in please follow below steps:
- Download the plug-in
- Upload the full directory into your wp-content/plugins directory
- Use any FTP program to create two files in your WordPress directory named sitemap.xml and sitemap.xml.gz
- Activate the plugin at the plugin administration page
- Open the plugin configuration page, which is located under Options -> XML-Sitemap and build the sitemap the first time. Check the file permissions of the newly created files If you get a permission error.
- WordPress Google XML Sitemaps plug-in settings is very simple and self explanatory, please let me know if you need my assistance.
- And now enjoy 🙂
Thanks a lot for reading my post, your comments are always welcome.